oh what fleeting moments I should capture, oh what memories I should still possess

Single

I took this photo at historic Kenmore Plantation, while on the walking tour for Garden Week. What I see is a single tulip, framed nicely by all that green. What I think is this picture would not be as interesting if there were a bunch of tulips, instead of one.

Single

does not necessarily

mean lonely.

About these ads

7 responses

1. Lovely photo and lovely sentiment.

May 31, 2012 at 11:17 am

• Thank you! I thought it was pretty when I saw it.

May 31, 2012 at 11:23 am

2. I love it!

May 31, 2012 at 12:15 pm

3. Bravo! Was there a grove a trees further back?

May 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm

• I don’t think so, but I can’t remember exactly. This was in the courtyard, down a few steps, at the back of the house. I have a bad tendency to hone in on the small things when I have my mind on photography, and later wish I had taken in more of the surroundings. I need to step back, mentally and visually, and really see all there is to see. Often I come away from a place with hundreds of photographs, but none of the place as a whole. I’m trying to remind myself of that whenever I go out.

June 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm

• Well the only minor recommendation I might have made to make your great photo maybe better (and that’s only a “maybe”) was to lower your camera just a little and raise the angle of the shot to included a very out of focus background of darker trees. I think that may have made the foreground object jump out even further.

June 4, 2012 at 10:13 am

What Do You See?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 440 other followers